WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
philip456

Chipless Firmware on XP-960 failed. How to redo?

I foolishly allowed my Epson XP-960 to update the firmware when I first installed it. It's now firware version PL20H1 (20Jan17).

I bought a key, closed all other programs, stopped the Epson Status monitor, backed up the EEPROM Mode.

I followed the instructions, to hold down the power key while pressing a the right-hand side of the touchscreen. The printer displayed "EPSON PRINTER ROM IPL Update Mode PL3" in small, red type. I took this to be the firware update mode.

I refreshed the printer list and it now detected my XP-960 printer as "Epson MFP-IPL". I went ahead and chose the firmware update "XP960 (PL18G3 18/03/2016). I entered my key. It downloaded the firmware and started the update. However, it then came up with a "Printer communication error" and said to retry the update.

The problem is that I can't find a way to retry the update. It keeps asking for the key again.

Good day. I think instruction is not clear enough about this point, but you don't need to hold this buttons for the entire minute, only for 1 - 2 seconds and then release them before any message is appeared on the LCD. Also `IPL Update Mode` must be in the white colour. Please, PM me the key and I will restore it.