WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
John_Admin

FirmWare downgrade for Epson printers by WIC utility

There is common problem for new Epson printers.
After firmware update by internet - printer will not recognize NOT ORIGINAL cartridge chips.
So if you use CISS or Refillable cartridges - you use not original chips.
If you allow printer make firmware update from Epson server - you will get this problem.
Printer cant see cartridges.

The solution is - to make firmware DownGrade.
You can do it by WIC utility.

Here is videotutorial how to make firmware downgrade on XP-212 printer:

To check if your printer model is supported - find your model in Supported Printers List tab and point mouse to [ I ]

firmware.jpg

Firmware downgrade requires Firmware Key. You can buy Firmware Key - here

Please note that due to the technical constraints firmware update in normal operating mode is not possible if printer has any errors or ink cartridges is unrecognized or empty.

FW.START.jpg

FW.FINISH.jpg

Hi, i have the XP-401, you are saying here it is compatible but it's not on the supported models list, jumps from XP-400 to XP-402... Any advice? thank you.

Welcome to my also have 212 213 etc.

However, you need to upload to your relevant senior. I'm waiting for an older fw to xp-215 in wicreset

Question to the Administrator, when you go out older firmware to the XP-215? to department CISS etc.??

I have an Epson Expression Home XP-215 and upgraded the firmware a few days ago to version OF25DB. Do you know, if this problem also occurs on this printer? If yes, could you please add support for firmware downgrade to the WIC utility? Thank you!

And a second question: Do you think that third party cartridges with future chips will work with the new firmware?

1. Yes. Sure. This kind of problem is common to XP-215 also.

2. They will work until need reset.

So need make downgrade.

One time.

Then don't make firmware update!

3. We'll add XP215 model soon.

XP-215

After doing an update of Version OF30DA after update on OF25DB

CISS system stopped working :/

I have not heard about innncyh models, but probably also came firmware

As to the future contributions of producers certainly will make sure to work!

I'll be waiting to add the XP-215

OF30DA = Perhaps this fw you have to go

Thanks

Sorry for my bad english :/ ...

Thank you for adding device update the firmware to the XP-215

The printer has a serial bios now, it works CISS etc

Regards

Guest Bassgeye

I have the XP-810 and need to roll back the firmware. It has NONE of those buttons! It is a touch screen display.

How would I enter into the firmware update mode? All I get now is a message on the printer that my cartridges aren't compatible.

There is no way to touch these points and make it enter to firmware update.

Sorted:

Looks like it finally worked. Seems the issue is on the xp-810 once you press the power and down arrow and get into the update mode you have to press the home button. The LCD text was then white. (It is red if i just follow your instructions) And the firmware completed. Luckily I had a chance to try multiple times as I guess my reset key was still able to be used since I only got the firmware started but never the firmware completed message.

Hi, could you please add support for Epson XP-225 downgrade?

My printer was upgraded to the latest version and I cannot use compatible cartridges.

Thank you.

Hi John-

Thanks for your email response today regarding my 2manuals query. I am having a non OEM ink cartridge compatibility issue, after running the waste ink counter reset.

Yes, I need to do a firmware swap. Here is the problem I have- I THINK my original firmware that was pre-installed on my Artisan 810 was version LW28AC.

The WIC Reset Utility informed me version LWO79C is in the printer at present. Not sure how this happened. I want to make sure which direction I go with this so as I don't waste a key. Do you know of a way to find out the order that Epson chronologically released these upgrades and what version name they are?... I just want to do this right.

Thank you.

Regards-

tim

• Like 1

Do you know of a way to find out the order that Epson chronologically released these upgrades and what version name they are?... I just want to do this right.

me too! I can't find a firmware version release history anywhere. There are dates listed next to the firmware version in the dropdown menu, but I don't know the date of the firmware that I have currently installed (it is not listed as one of the choices in the menu).

Hello.

I got epson PX830 printer. I need to downgrade firmware as it stopped recognizing CISS cartridges. Problem is I don't know how to enter into "firmware mode" on printer. I just got one button on it which is "On". It got touch screen but as it doesn't recognize cartridges it doeasn't start through "Replace ink crtridges" monit so i haven't acces to touch screen menu. How can I enter this firmware mode just with "On" button or anyhow?

EDIT. I found it out...but it didn't helped much. I flashed available firmware for PX830 and still got "ink cartridges cannot be recognized" message. Damn...I think something bad happened with ink controller or something. I think this printer will go into trash. I already spent around half of it's current vcalue to fix the problem and nothing. Waste of money...waste of time...F* EPSON !

Hello! I am from Argentina.

I have an EPSON XP-211 S/N: S6BK343474 and now the printer has the OD25F8 firmware. Will WIC Reset Utility work to downgrade the firmware so I can use my CISS?

Do you offer refunds or satisfaction guarantee?

Thanks!

Hello

I need to downgrade firmware epson wp 4535, in the list in wic utility is only the newest firmware, at the moment printer firmware is GE24D5 2013/05/24, i need older firmware.

I have an EPSON XP-211 S/N: S6BK343474 and now the printer has the OD25F8 firmware. Will WIC Reset Utility work to downgrade the firmware so I can use my CISS?

Thanks!

Thanks!