WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
vf3506

Procedure for safe long term storage Epson Stylus R3000

Hi,

My schedule allows me to use my printer just periodically and sometimes the interval between printing sessions is very long (up to few month). It is clear that each time when I return I have to clean my printer. So I'm looking for long term storage printer procedure.

The inkjetmall describes the Flushing Epson Pro and desktop model printers for safe long term storage, or when switching inks, or when using PiezoFlush to unclog a printer. And "to preform an Initial Fill/Ink Charge Cycle advise to use Adjustment Program from 2manuals site". However, I do not find any reference to that program - only software to reset the WIC Utility. Btw the John_Admin on 30Dec 2011 alse mentioned Epson Adjustment Program.

So I have a few questions:

1. do I need to use any specific software to initialize the Fill Cycle with PiezoFlush solution? If so what that software is and how I can get it?

2. do I need to use WIC software if a use the external waste ink bottle?

3. Does anyone knows and can describe procedure to prepare R3000 for the long term storage and how to wake up the printer after? please.

regards

I am trying to do something similar and have been using the products from InkJetMall. When I tried using the WIC Reset Utility to do the Ink Charge function, I am receiving the error: "Could not continue with the current state. Ink out error."

When I look at the printer LCD, it shows Y, VLM, VM, C, LLK as being "unrecognized cartridges" and the Ink out light is on. But all of the cartridges have sufficient ink (at least 80% full) and normally the printer is not showing any ink out error (i.e. when I turn on the printer, all cartridges are showing fine with no out of ink warnings). Any idea what could be causing this?

Also, there is a warning when I press the "Ink charge" button that says to "Do not forget to check the maintenance box before executing inks charge to prevent leaking inks to the printer." What exactly does this mean? I have been navigating to the Maintenance area on the printer LCD but is that correct, or is there something else I am supposed to do?

Thanks for any help.