WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
Donnieclark

MFC-J885DW - The printer is not connected

I made an account on here just because I am at my absolute wit's end. I bought an MFC-J885DW printer about a year ago for school. I installed it and it worked beautifully without any problems. A couple of months ago I moved into a new house with new wifi. Now my printer is on the fritz. I have read through every related forum I can to try to fix the problem--and nothing works.

The problem:

When I print, it gives me the message "the printer is not connected" yet the wifi symbol on the printer screen indicates the wifi is working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the necessary drivers at least 12 times. The weird thing is--when I reinstall the drivers I have about a 2 minute window where I can print and then the printer stops working and gives me that same message "the printer is not connected." Just now, I reinstalled everything (I reset the network on the printer, I typed in my wifi password to connect, I installed the drivers). I went through all the steps. I was able to print 2 of my 3 documents before it decides to not work. I have tried deleting and adding the printer again under my systems preferences. I am using a Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10

I called Brother on Friday and basically went through these same steps with someone. It worked--but I should have made him stay on the line so I could tell him what keeps happening.

Any ideas? I am at the point of considering buying a new printer--I have no idea what to do.