WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
ernegroni

SOLVED: XP-830 Firmware downgrade

I bought the key to downgrade the firmware of my XP-830 because it didn't recognized ink cartridges after Epson firmware update. The firmware downgrade didn't work. I'm still getting the ink error message. Appreciate the help.

I have the same problem on my XP-830. I'm using ValueToner cartridges from Amazon. I upgraded the Epson firmware to NP25HC 14.35 and now the cartridges aren't recognized. The WIC software doesn't downgrade the firmware to a version that works with non-Epson ink cartridges.

Same issue here. The downgrade worked and I read the red writing to say I need to try Epson cartridges now, and then my refills..... I ordered some from Amazon and they'll be here tomorrow. I'll try it and report back. If it works the key and headache was worth it, if not then Epson is one step ahead now and I learned something, but didn't get the desired result.

I used epson cartridges and then replaced them with my refills and it DID WORK!

I hate I had to buy epson cartridges to only let it clean and calibrate, but now I'm good for a while. Sad a Key, plus cartridges means I spent what I did to have options. Poor business model for Epson, and just shows you the business model is on making money on supplies, not the actual printer.

I have made firmware downgrade on my XP-850 to 2013 version but it did not fix the problem of ink cartridges not recognized.

Then I was told by live help to replace ink cartridges by original epson and restart printer then back.

Replaced black ink cartridge with an original Epson, worked fine.

Replaced the original black ink cartridge with remanufactured ink cartridge, working fine with all remanufactured ink.

Problem is solved

I used epson cartridges and then replaced them with my refills and it DID WORK!

I hate I had to buy epson cartridges to only let it clean and calibrate, but now I'm good for a while. Sad a Key, plus cartridges means I spent what I did to have options. Poor business model for Epson, and just shows you the business model is on making money on supplies, not the actual printer.

How did you put the Epson XP-830 into the firmware update mode also called the program update mode. WIC says to power off the printer then power on tap the on button and tap the right side of the LCD display. I could never get that to work? Help!