Printer Reset Forum: WF-2651 - Chipless Firmware - Non Writable - Printer Reset Forum

Download WIC Reset Utility Free and BUY Reset Keys with discount

Page 1 of 1

WF-2651 - Chipless Firmware - Non Writable NON-WRITABLE

#1 User is offline   borez 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

Hi there,

Have got a question pertaining to the chipless firmware for WF-2651:

1) Will this resolve all "ink cart not recognized" functionality for ARC carts? I have a WF-2531 that rejects my ARC cartridges (and the error's persistent even after I downgraded the firwmare)
2) Is there any chance that the EPSON print driver could auto-update the firmware?
3) Lastly, is there a remote chance that the 2631 can support chipless firmware? If so, I will hold off replacing the printer. :)

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   borez 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Just to mention that I've purchased a new 2651 printer just for this, and unfortunately the IC firmware bricked the printer! Showed a "NON-WRITABLE" error. Apparently newer printer builds have protection mechanisms built in. I highly suggest users not to use the firmware reset keys.

Can I request for a refund of the firmware key? My order details are as follows:

Reference Number: 2A3D8C34-5A842B03-400-3CCC6

#3 User is offline   John_Admin 

• Admin
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

Can I request for a refund of the firmware key?

Yes Sure. No problem!

For new printers batches it is impossible to use any software to downgrade printers Firmware bcoz of new IC Chip used in new printers.
End of 2017 and higher seems to be not writable by software.
WIC.support - all Questions, Answers and Video Tutorials about WIC Reset Utility

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Download WIC Reset Utility Free and BUY Reset Keys with discount