WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Skip

R3000 AdjProg Help - Ink Out Error

I don't know where to ask this question. I loaded AdjProg Ver.1.0.1 for the Epson R3000, connected my laptop directly to the R3000 via USB, ran the "Ink Charge" Adjustment Order and I get an "ink out error" on the laptop screen - also it sets all my ink level indicators on the printer with big X on top of each ink cartridge display. The printer works fine printing the head check and photos - with the exception of the Yellow cart, which ran dry and I believe I have air in the line. That is why I am trying to run Ink Charge. Can you help me this this?

Thank you Skip

Hi, I'm also having this problem.

I guessed it was because the cartridges weren't sufficiently full. They contain Piezoflush so I top them up so that they are all now pretty well 100%. I'm still getting the error message – but what is also concerning is that the printer itself is no longer reporting the correct levels. It is continuing to show most of them at their pre-error levels – about 30%.

Is there any idea as to what I might be able to do please. I'm trying to clear the lines so that I can install some Piezography black inks.

Thanks

Okay, forget it. I suddenly understand that when you top up the cartridges, it doesn't make any difference to the chip. The system isn't really measuring the real-time content of the cartridges. It simply reporting the last date of the cartridge chip.

A little bit more reading of the Piezography site and I now see that it is a bad mistake to top up the cartridges before you get the Epson low Inc warning on the status page.