Printer Reset Forum: _ Epson SC-P600 Chipless firmware - Printer Reset Forum

Download WIC Reset Utility Free and BUY Reset Keys with discount

Page 1 of 1

_ Epson SC-P600 Chipless firmware Step-by-Step tutorial

#1 User is offline   John_Admin 

• Admin
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

Through WIC Reset Utility Live Support we get contacted by Epson SC-P600 users from all over the world. Brazil, USA, Canada, Asia, Africa, Russia, China, Italy, Germany and on and on.

This users are facing problems while modifying SC-P600 firmware to chipless mode. So we want here to share following step-by-step manual how to modify Epson SC-P600 firmware to make this printer chipless.

No Inks Firmware is available for SC-P600 printer model.
You can check it by yourself before making firmware changes:
Run WIC Utility -> go to Supported Models Tab -> Enter in Search Field Your model -> Put mouse on letter [I] at the left of printer model:
epson sc-p600 firmware chipless
Attached File  p600.jpg (137.4K)
Number of downloads: 25

Now You are sure Chipless Firmware is available for SC-P600 model and this can be done in regular (normal, default) mode – it means You dont need to put printer in Service Mode before firmware changing.

Note: Ink cartridges are NOT required to be installed while firmware process. That means you can perform firmware operation without ink cartridges installed or installed any cartridges – full or finished, original or third party – doesnt mind.

Click on Disable Ink Cartridges Button.
Warning: Dont use Firmware Update option. You have to use Disable Cartridges button!
Attached File  disable.jpg (63.52K)
Number of downloads: 27

To make firmware operations You have to use Firmware Key

After entering the Firmware Key – wait until all operations are finished and printer will restart with New Chipless Firmware.
You can uninstall now chips from ink cartridges or just forget them. They are disabled now.

Here You can watch step-by-step Video Tutorial of firmware process:

WIC.support - all Questions, Answers and Video Tutorials about WIC Reset Utility

#2 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Dear Support,

I have done the downgrade my SC-P600 to chipless mode. Almost everything works fine but at the first print after I have switched off/on the printer I get an error message that the cartridges can not get recognized. I have to open/close the cartridge box so that the printer recognize the cartridges again and start the print. The status of the cartridges shows 100% full. Is there any solution so that I can print after switchting off/on the printer without any error?

Thanks in advance
Thorsten

#3 User is offline   John_Admin 

• Admin

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

what is your current firmware version?
WIC.support - all Questions, Answers and Video Tutorials about WIC Reset Utility

#4 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

My current firmware version is AT12GC

#5 User is offline   John_Admin 

• Admin

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

Firmware version is right
We can renew your key and you can try upload firmware once more time

#6 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

That sounds good. Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to gat an other key via Email so that I can try again.

Best Regards
Thorsten

#7 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

Dear John,

can you please let me know how I can get the renewed key? When I check my key I get the error message that this already has been used.

#8 User is offline   Asarniento 

• Pip

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

Dear Jhon, good afternoon.

We have purchased the "FIRMWARE KEY for WIC Reset Uility", for use in an Epson P-600 but it does not work. We did the procedure according to the video https://www.wic.supp...hange-firmware- a -chipless /.
The ink levels in the printer panel remain the same, there is no change. During the firmware update there was no problem, everything seemed fine.

We try to do the procedure again and it tells us that the key has already been used. What should we do?. The firmware version that was finally installed on the printer was: AT13H613 / 06/2017.

Please help.

#9 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

View PostJohn_Admin, on 24 May 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Dear John,

I still get the message "You cannot use this key anymore because it has been already used on 2018-05-18 22:21:09. You need a new key". Can you please let me know how I can get the renewed key?

Thanks
Thorsten

#10 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:26 AM

View PostJohn_Admin, on 24 May 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Dear John,

now I have tried another time. I have used exactly the manual of your website but have still the same result. At the first print after I have switched off/on the printer I get an error message that the cartridges can not get recognized. I have to open/close the cartridge box so that the printer recognize the cartridges again and start the print. The status of the cartridges Shows always 100% full.

Can you Help me to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance
Thorsten

#11 User is offline   John_Admin 

• Admin

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

If The status of the cartridges Shows always 100% full - then it is ok?
What is the problem?

#12 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

The Problem is that the printer beeps and Shows the error message that the cartridges could not get recognized at every first print after powering off the printer. As soon I open and close the cartridge case the cartridges get recognized again and the printer prints out correctly. (see Pictures)

Attached File  IMG_4217 (2).jpg (201.95K)
Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  IMG_4218.jpg (170.96K)
Number of downloads: 8

#13 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:02 PM

View PostGiE11, on 01 June 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Dear John, do you have any idea for me?

Dear John,

I have just found an article that describes my problem. The solution my be to put the SC-P600 printer in service mode before installing tehe ink firmware. I really would like to try that. Would it be possible for you to reset my key one more time so that I can try the installation in service mode?

Thanks in advance
Thorsten

#14 User is offline   John_Admin 

• Admin

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

Send us your key to our email sup@2manuals.com

#15 User is offline   GiE11 

• PipPip

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

Dear John,

now I have tried the FW-Change in Service mode of the SC-P600 printer. Unfortunately I have the same result as before. Every first print the printer shows the error message that the cartridges can not get recognized by the printer. After opening/closing the cartridge case the printer recognize the cartridges and prints fine.

Do you have any idear how to fix that so that printer does not come up with the error message?

Thanks in advance
Thorsten

#16 User is offline   John_Admin 

• Admin

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

It cant be changed. You'll have to open and close case

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Download WIC Reset Utility Free and BUY Reset Keys with discount