WIC Reset Program and Chipless Firmware
Sign in to follow this  
John_Admin

How to put WF-2860, WF-3720 in Program Update Mode

You know - if You want to change (update/downgrade) firmware in Your printer - You can do it in 2 ways:

- in regular mode (requires OEM ink cartridges installed and had be NO errors in printer)

- in Program Update Mode ( can be performed without ink cartridges at all)

So here are 2 ways to put WF-2860, WF3720 Series printers in Program Update Mode:

1. Power OFF the printer.

2. Press touch screen Place A + Power button.

3. Hold them - 20 seconds!! until Blue Power Led is ON.

4. Release all. Printer is in Program Update Mode now.

Place_A.jpg Update_Mode.jpg

If Touch Screen Place A doesnt work (printer just switches ON in regular mode) - You have to use touch screen Place B:

Place_B.jpg Place_AB.jpg

Please watch here how to put WF-3720 printer in Program Update mode (Place B):

P.S. When You press Touch Screen and Power button - the Power Led has to be OFF for about 20 seconds. If It will start to flash in 2-5 seconds after you press - that means You have used wrong place to press on touch screen. Try other way.

Buy a key for WF-2860. I already updated the firmware on the printer and I still haven't been able to activate it with the program maintenance box
WF-2860 and WF-7720 maintenance box not found   "Chip-less  Solution"  

Hi John, my EPSON WF-2860 is now in program update mode. What do I do next?  I updated the firmware to the latest version 2 days ago, and now the screen shows Maintenance Error, not recognizing 3 of the 4 cartridges.  These are remanufactured ink cartridges.  The black one is also remanufactured by EZInk, but that one is ok.  Now I can't turn on my printer at all.  It's stuck on the Program Update mode.  Please help!

PS: I unplugged the printer.  When I turned it back on, it just went to the Maintenance Error screen and I'm stuck there again.  I was able to find an older version of firmware for WF2860, but I don't know how to install it on my printer.  I'd appreciate some advice or tips if you can share.  Thank you!