CANON Service Tool V3900 for all iP series, MG series, iX series, MP series printers work under Windows OS only.
Some of supported printer models for work with Service Tool V3400:
iP2700, iP7240, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880
MP230, MP270, MP280, MP490
MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG3140, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5340, MG6140, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
This Service Tool can make service adjustments and Reset procedures with the Ink Absorber Counter. To reset waste ink absorber counters you have to use Service Tool V3900 under Windows XP or under other Windows OS in the compatibility mode:
1. Order and DOWNLOAD Service Tool V3900 for Canon iP, MG series
2. Unzip downloaded file by WinZip.
3. Set the printer in Service Mode:
- power OFF the printer by Power button. Dont disconnect power cable
- connect the printer by USB cable to the PC.
- press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release Resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times and for MG series - 6 times!
- release all buttons - the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly. You have put the printer in Service Mode now and you can now run the Service Tool. (If the printer is still blinking by green - you have some other errors in printer and you have to fix them first, because the Service Tool will not work if the printer is not put in service mode - green light is constant)
4. Run the Service Tool V3900.exe program.
5. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
6. In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
7. From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
printers Service Tool
ZIP archive: 1 692 kB
ADD TO CART
Select payment method.
Confirm the order.
We are in business since 2002 and do our best to give our customers perfect service!
| Richard Chilton ||2020-07-29 19:53:42 |
| My Epson XP-800 max'd out on counters and died on me. Screen of death with printer disabled by manufacturers internal firmware.
Researched the web and found these guys.
The reset process and key purchase was easy to follow and after a few registration steps and a simple paypal transaction the reset key arrived, was entered and the printer was back working again. Saved me at least £80 on a new basic 3-in-1 printer plus ensured my existing ink supplies were not useless
Thanks guys - thoroughly recommended |
| Michael Chelinsky ||2015-09-17 18:57:24 |
| This was awesome. I was skeptical at first, but the program worked beautifully.
Thank you for helping me, where Epson couldn\'t. I truly appreciate it! Great investment, happy camper. |
| abdul kabir hakimi ||2015-04-21 09:37:12 |
| thanks from 2manuals supporting site to solve our problems... |
| vitaliy nikiforov ||2007-04-18 05:43:16 |
| Just wanted to say THANK YOU for info that I found on your website in this manual I thought my printer was dead in the water and your info bailed me out.
You saved me a trip to a repair shop and no telling how much $$! |
| John Torres ||2013-03-27 15:08:06 |
| Fantastic and easy!
I did it myself eventhough I don\'t know much about the subject.
Thanks a lot. |
| david miranda ||2016-04-07 16:43:28 |
| My Epson Stylus R280 is printing again! This was my favorite printer for photos and quick single-sided jobs. It printed and printed until the dreaded message and alternating flashing orange lights appeared. |
I was skeptical that WicReset could do anything because of the flashing lights. I downloaded the Windows version (XP), virus scanned it and after it passed, installed it. I first tried the trial reset that sets the waste counters to 90%. That worked immediately. I bought a key. That worked immediately and now my printer is working like new and waste counters are near 0.
I use a continuous ink system (CIS) on my Epson printers... have for years. This software also has a nice utility to charge the cartridges and clean the heads. My R280 printer sat for a while after the counters reached limit and the ink lines filled with air. I used the WicReset utility to charge & clean, and now it prints like new.
This software is easy to use and guides you step by step. I encountered no difficulties and everything worked first time. It is very good that there are smart engineers out there who took the time to reverse-engineer Epson\'s awful ink pad limitations.
One note of caution, and this has nothing to do with WicReset... I print so much and fear my ink pads will truly overflow, so I\'ll be installing a waste ink tank on my printers. I had one on an ancient R200 printer and it worked great. This is an essential accessory for CIS printers.
Thank you WicReset.