CANON Service Tool V3900 for all iP series, MG series, iX series, MP series printers work under Windows OS only.
Some of supported printer models for work with Service Tool V3400:
iP2700, iP7240, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880
MP230, MP270, MP280, MP490
MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG3140, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5340, MG6140, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
This Service Tool can make service adjustments and Reset procedures with the Ink Absorber Counter. To reset waste ink absorber counters you have to use Service Tool V3900 under Windows XP or under other Windows OS in the compatibility mode:
1. Order and DOWNLOAD Service Tool V3900 for Canon iP, MG series
2. Unzip downloaded file by WinZip.
3. Set the printer in Service Mode:
- power OFF the printer by Power button. Dont disconnect power cable
- connect the printer by USB cable to the PC.
- press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release Resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times and for MG series - 6 times!
- release all buttons - the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly. You have put the printer in Service Mode now and you can now run the Service Tool. (If the printer is still blinking by green - you have some other errors in printer and you have to fix them first, because the Service Tool will not work if the printer is not put in service mode - green light is constant)
4. Run the Service Tool V3900.exe program.
5. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
6. In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
7. From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
printers Service Tool
ZIP archive: 1 692 kB
ADD TO CART
Select payment method.
Confirm the order.
We are in business since 2002 and do our best to give our customers perfect service!
| Anonymous ||2020-08-14 14:18:58 |
| I can't believe how easily my seemingly unfixable problem was solved by this site. Thank you so much, will definitely buy after the free trial! |
| MIKL SEMIN ||2003-11-13 06:46:49 |
| The manual gave me just the info that I need to repair the PF clutch. Now I can put it back together. |
| Evgen Test ||2010-08-31 09:42:53 |
| My printer stopped printing with the error as \"General Error\" Epson quoted me $60 to send an engineer to fix my printer.
After reading through the information on this site I decided to fix it myself. Found the problem was related to the waste ink pad counter.
Only 10 minutes, I had the the printer working. The printer tested fine and has done approx 150 pages since with NO issues.
Thanks for your WIC PROGRAM! |
| Ruth Mason ||2006-09-19 06:57:12 |
| It worked fine. It was just that we didn't know where to start with opening the program. I couldn't get it to install so there was an icon that took us into the whole program. I found out that if I clicked on the one icon it opened the one we needed. The service manual will be of great help for later when the ink absorption pad needs changing.
Thanks for your prompt attention.
Regards, Ruth |
| carlos silva ||2012-06-01 17:43:10 |
| I am very happy with the tool.
You saved me an expensive printer service by Epson! |
| abdul kabir hakimi ||2015-04-21 09:37:12 |
| thanks from 2manuals supporting site to solve our problems... |
| Ian Jones ||2012-08-11 17:15:25 |
| This is my second purchase today, for the same utility.
Purchased under \"email@example.com\", had no end of problems. Once I paid the system did not let me in. Tried to change the password and it sent me 3 updates to the correct address, then informed me that the e-mail and password where both incorrect. Still have no joy.
Decided to register again at firstname.lastname@example.org, and everything worked smoothly! |