CANON Service Tool V3900 for all iP series, MG series, iX series, MP series printers work under Windows OS only.
Some of supported printer models for work with Service Tool V4200:
iP2700, iP7240, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880
MP230, MP270, MP280, MP490
MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG3140, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5340, MG6140, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
This Service Tool can make service adjustments and Reset procedures with the Ink Absorber Counter. To reset waste ink absorber counters you have to use Service Tool V4200 under Windows XP or under other Windows OS in the compatibility mode:
1. Order and DOWNLOAD Service Tool V4200 for Canon iP, MG series
2. Unzip downloaded file by WinZip.
3. Set the printer in Service Mode:
- power OFF the printer by Power button. Dont disconnect power cable
- connect the printer by USB cable to the PC.
- press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release Resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times and for MG series - 6 times!
- release all buttons - the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly. You have put the printer in Service Mode now and you can now run the Service Tool. (If the printer is still blinking by green - you have some other errors in printer and you have to fix them first, because the Service Tool will not work if the printer is not put in service mode - green light is constant)
4. Run the Service Tool V4200.exe program.
5. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
6. In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
7. From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
printers Service Tool
ZIP archive: 1 692 kB
Our customers reviews:
ADD TO CART
Select payment method.
Confirm the order.
We are in business since 2002 and do our best to give our customers perfect service!
| LI XIAO ||2019-09-23 20:26:25 |
Is there somebody has printer type MG7150 ?
If yes, what's solution to reset counter because I have code 1700 on the screen ?
| Lloyd Robinson ||2016-01-21 23:35:21 |
| Could you please add reset for printers for the last Canon cartridges like PG545 and CL546, please? We have about 100 printers with full waste ink counter. Thank you. |
| Alfredo Llerena ||2020-02-20 17:11:29 |
| I must admit I was very skeptical about all this !!! And above all - There we go, they want the Credit Card details !!! |
I don't even know the current exchange rate but proceeded thinking nothing will come of this ....
Within minutes I was sent the RESET CODE along with the RECEIPT FOR PAYMENT !
It worked like a charm !
The FIRST , but definitely not the LAST time I will be using this site !
Thank you !
Printamedic (South Africa)
Cell: 073 580 8517
| Peter Sam ||2009-08-11 10:29:23 |
| YES YOU ARE A GENIOUS THANKS A LOT! THE PROGRAM IS WORKING NOW! |
| Bruce Nicholson ||2007-06-03 06:28:43 |
| Really terrific service and rescue manual and a very helpful and approachable team of people.
The very small expenditure indeed saved me the price of a new printer. |
| MAX PRESS ||2020-08-08 18:54:44 |
| I successfuly and easily replaced my waste kit.
Experienced only one issue on XP635: an unexpected screw made the replacement a bit difficult.
I reported this point, hoping the leaflet could be updated.
Best regards and congrats for this smart product.
Marc, France |
| Colin Jones ||2016-12-06 20:42:07 |
| Very many thanks for working with me on this order.
My printer is reset and I appreciate your patience working with me. |
| John Briggs ||2012-01-26 19:19:33 |
| Worked straight out of the box and in a few minutes I was up and running again. |