CANON Service Tool V3900 for all iP series, MG series, iX series, MP series printers work under Windows OS only.
Some of supported printer models for work with Service Tool V4200:
iP2700, iP7240, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880
MP230, MP270, MP280, MP490
MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG3140, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5340, MG6140, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
This Service Tool can make service adjustments and Reset procedures with the Ink Absorber Counter. To reset waste ink absorber counters you have to use Service Tool V4200 under Windows XP or under other Windows OS in the compatibility mode:
1. Order and DOWNLOAD Service Tool V4200 for Canon iP, MG series
2. Unzip downloaded file by WinZip.
3. Set the printer in Service Mode:
- power OFF the printer by Power button. Dont disconnect power cable
- connect the printer by USB cable to the PC.
- press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release Resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times and for MG series - 6 times!
- release all buttons - the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly. You have put the printer in Service Mode now and you can now run the Service Tool. (If the printer is still blinking by green - you have some other errors in printer and you have to fix them first, because the Service Tool will not work if the printer is not put in service mode - green light is constant)
4. Run the Service Tool V4200.exe program.
5. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
6. In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
7. From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
printers Service Tool
ZIP archive: 1 692 kB
Our customers reviews:
ADD TO CART
Select payment method.
Confirm the order.
We are in business since 2002 and do our best to give our customers perfect service!
| LI XIAO ||2019-09-23 20:26:25 |
Is there somebody has printer type MG7150 ?
If yes, what's solution to reset counter because I have code 1700 on the screen ?
| Lloyd Robinson ||2016-01-21 23:35:21 |
| Could you please add reset for printers for the last Canon cartridges like PG545 and CL546, please? We have about 100 printers with full waste ink counter. Thank you. |
| JOSEPH MORWA ||2018-07-15 02:04:21 |
| I made the mistake of upgrading the firmware in my Epson XP-434. That caused my ink cartridges to not be recognized. I found this WIC Reset Utility after after searching for original firmware version.
I bought the key and plugged it into the utility, and bingo 10 minutes later I was up and running.
Thanks a bunch 2manuals.com! |
| Sven Struzyna ||2012-09-02 13:17:11 |
| Es funtioniert einwandfrei und auch genauso einfach, wie es beschrieben ist. Einfach spitze! Thanks from Germany!! |
| jahidul islam ||2016-10-18 16:19:38 |
| It WORKED !!! it was so simple, i just pay for key, and it resolved my problem in few seconds
After this reset, I checked my counters and they read 0.00% full. PERFECT !!! You\'ve gained many respect points in my view and I expect repeat business with you. |
| Mitchell Chand ||2011-10-28 17:14:27 |
| Excellent support!! Now able to clear the Waste Ink Counter. Thanks guys. |
| Gerd Eilert ||2005-04-22 10:05:03 |
| by other wise i need u to info me about service manual if it has trouble codes and diagnostic and troubleshooting procedures ?......thanx |
| Pierre-Yves Gibello ||2020-01-23 22:33:55 |
| Perfect: reset an Epson XP-700 counters within a minute. Worth 10$ :) |
| Joseph Bowman ||2019-10-24 00:26:55 |
| Epson XP-700 working fine till suddely get message saying 'ink pad at end of useful life - contact Epson Service' Epson service not interested as printer no longer under warranty and suggested best option would be to buy a new printer and scrap this one. So not a happy chappy and looked for options to try and resolve this issue. Found this site and downloaded reset program. WIN10 64bit PC connected to printer by WiFi. Ran reset utility - did not find any printers. Switched off printer and re started, disabled Epson Print Utility still no printer found. Rebooted PC and then after it had restarted tried the WIC Reset Utility again after connecting printer through USB. This time WIC found both connections WiFI and USB. Using USB took Reset option and purchased Key. Copied key into WIC utility and OK. Switched Off printer and then switched on and magic no error message and printer back to normal. Very pleased and somewhat relieved as have some printing to complete tonight before tomorrow morning. Very happy to pay £9.97 for this result. |
| lzy lzy ||2008-07-23 09:00:34 |
| Hey, you improved the response time for being able to download!!
I got it downloaded on the page after order confirmation - Good Job!
Thank you!! |