CANON Service Tool V3400 for all iP series, MG series, iX series, MP series printers work under Windows OS only.
Some of supported printer models for work with Service Tool V3400:
MP230, MP237, MP258, MP270, MP278, MP280, MP287, MP490, MP540 etc
IX6500, IX6510, iX6840 etc
iP2700, iP3600, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4900, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880, iP7240 etc
MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG2270, MG3140, MG3540, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5270, MG5340, MG5450, MG6140, MG6150, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
MX394 (6 times press button, select Main Black absorber) etc
This Service Tool can make service adjustments and Reset procedures with the Ink Absorber Counter. To reset waste ink absorber counters you have to use Service Tool V3400 under Windows XP or under other Windows OS in the compatibility mode:
1. Order and DOWNLOAD Service Tool V3400 for Canon iP, MG series
2. Unzip downloaded file by WinZip.
3. Set the printer in Service Mode:
- power OFF the printer by Power button. Dont disconnect power cable
- connect the printer by USB cable to the PC.
- press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release Resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times and for MG series - 6 times!
- release all buttons - the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly. You have put the printer in Service Mode now and you can now run the Service Tool. (If the printer is still blinking by green - you have some other errors in printer and you have to fix them first, because the Service Tool will not work if the printer is not put in service mode - green light is constant)
4. Run the Service Tool V3400.exe program.
5. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
6. In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
7. From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
If you discover an issue Mistake E08 about the inkjet printer Cannon MP258, MP287, MP278, MP237 use 6 times pressing button to get in service mode.
printers Service Tool
ZIP archive: 392 kB
Our customers reviews:
to download files you need:
ADD TO CART
Select payment method.
Confirm the order.
We are in business since 2002 and do our best to give our customers perfect service!
| Nelson Masayon ||2013-03-03 18:44:17 |
| Thank you so much! I saved two trips to the service center and saved more for the charges and time spent!!! |
| Paulo Joaquim ||2010-10-13 10:32:49 |
| Great! It worked and I have now my printer working again! Epson D78 |
| tgsy tgsy ||2008-02-28 08:09:50 |
| hassan ali ||2009-11-20 16:31:48 |
| Thanks a lot for ur hard work |
| Paul Robinson ||2010-10-21 01:01:22 |
| Fantastic, does exactly as it says, brought my r285 back from the dead, will recommend to anyone.thanks |
| Ken Friar ||2011-04-26 12:20:10 |
| Fantastic, worked first time, well done guys a really excellent job.
Ken friar |
| George Bryan ||2011-01-10 11:05:33 |
| The reset key ffor my Epson 415 worked perfectly first time, well done |
| Nguyen Tran ||2013-12-06 03:53:09 |
| I could already make firmware downgrade on my XP-211
Using windows 8.1 update 1
The printer run again whit the continuos sistem |
| Neil Skidmore ||2015-11-23 00:28:01 |
I downloaded the programme which told me that one waste ink was at 65 % and the other was at 100%
This told me that the programme was communicating with the printer (Another utility I tried would not even talk to the printer.)
This gave me confidence to buy the key to activate the reset.
It worked in seconds and my now perfectly functioning A3+ printer is no longer a pile of scrap.
If only Epson UK were this good!!! |