CANON Service Tool V3900 for all iP series, MG series, iX series, MP series printers work under Windows OS only.
Some of supported printer models for work with Service Tool V3400:
iP2700, iP7240, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880
MP230, MP270, MP280, MP490
MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG3140, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5340, MG6140, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
This Service Tool can make service adjustments and Reset procedures with the Ink Absorber Counter. To reset waste ink absorber counters you have to use Service Tool V3900 under Windows XP or under other Windows OS in the compatibility mode:
1. Order and DOWNLOAD Service Tool V3900 for Canon iP, MG series
2. Unzip downloaded file by WinZip.
3. Set the printer in Service Mode:
- power OFF the printer by Power button. Dont disconnect power cable
- connect the printer by USB cable to the PC.
- press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release Resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times and for MG series - 6 times!
- release all buttons - the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly. You have put the printer in Service Mode now and you can now run the Service Tool. (If the printer is still blinking by green - you have some other errors in printer and you have to fix them first, because the Service Tool will not work if the printer is not put in service mode - green light is constant)
4. Run the Service Tool V3900.exe program.
5. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
6. In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
7. From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.
printers Service Tool
ZIP archive: 1 692 kB